Monday, November 19, 2007

Veteran's home leadership change

A Star Tribune article caught my attention today regarding a major change in the way Minnesota's veteran's homes are managed and operated. I'm interested in this because my Dad, a WWII era vet, is a resident in the Fergus Falls Veteran's Home - which is a very nice facility with great people. The leadership decision comes after numerous problems at the Minneapolis home the past couple of years and the entire organizational oversight became suspect.

Dad has been living at the FF home since October after living on a farm for 79 of his 84 years. His transition is going better than we anticipated and is enjoying his time thus far. We hope that continues. However, he does miss his dog, but my brother really enjoyed his dog as well and took him in. :-]

In the 1960s and 70s, Dad didn't care for the VA clinic in Fargo or St. Cloud and has been pretty vocal to us about it, but I thought he was just spouting off about it. Maybe there was some substance for his displeasure?

I hope the best for the change of leadership in the veteran's homes. They are valuable assets to have as an option for Minnesota veterans.

No comments: