Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Cool photo of dad


The past few weeks I have been going through some of dad's massive collection of files and papers that he had given me so the 'thieves' or CIA wouldn't get their hands on them. For the most part, they have been a reflection of ordinary life - ten-year-old receipts from Napa Auto Parts stores, grain elevator commodity stubs from the late 1950s, and large collection of Danbury Mint sales materials. Altogether, about 95% of it was garbage. However, I came across a great WWII photo postcard of my dad while he was in basic training awaiting transfer overseas to the European Theatre along with his actual dog tags. The photo is one I hadn't seen before, as I have his 'official' army portrait in my living room. This photo must be from the same sitting, but doesn't have the finished 'colorized dry brush' look of his official photo.

No comments: