Friday, November 16, 2007

Photo of the Week 1


For those of you familiar with video production will find this one amusing - or bring back haunting memories. This week, I grabbed a box of old 'three-quarter inch' videotape out of my attic to see what was on them. These were production tapes from my college days, so there may not be anything of significant value to the human race, but there may be a funny clip or two in there. I grabbed a dinosaur of a machine out of our storeroom to play them, I popped in the tape and ... crunch. Yep, you guessed it, and by looking at the photo, the machine was quite hungry. This type of malfunction wasn't uncommon back in the day, and I'm glad those days of working with three-quarter-inch tape are long gone. Today, we work with digital tape, and yes, something like this can still happen, but with the old format, it was pretty common.

No comments: