Friday, July 18, 2008

Camping at Maple Lake

Jen and I decided to camp at my sister and brother-in-law's lake lot on beautiful Maple Lake over the 4th of July weekend. Maple Lake is only 38 miles from Morris, so we invited several friends to take advantage of not having to drive very far for a three-day 'staycation.' The weather was perfect and we had a great time.

This was our view for the entire weekend. Perfect.

Dean takes care of the fire duties during the weekend.

Janie, Jeff and the girls made it for the weekend.

Jen's sister Amanda and fiance' Josh made it for supper on the 4th.

The photographer hamming it up.

A great expression of the fun we had during the weekend! I call her 'Bug.'

How can you not take advantage of this place on Maple Lake? Perfect sunsets!



What's camping without the evening bonfire. Thanks Dean for staying up and taking care of the fire!

Mark (the Cowboy) and Mick Ekren pitched a tent and camped the entire weekend. They also brought their boat!

On Friday, the 'camp dog' was Champ. Othertimes, it was 'the Cowboy.'

Addison visited on Friday evening and experienced her first time at a lake.

We played texas hold 'em and Dean was a 'lucky' winner. He took out the author in the final.

I had pocket aces - Dean beat me with three of a kind. Bummer.


We used the term 'chef' very loosely at the lake.

Jeff enjoys the 'chef's' work.

Dean ... not so much. Where's the condiments?!?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could give my own opinion with your topic that is not boring for me.